Road Testing in Atlanta, On-Site at A-1
A-1 Road Testing Qualifications & Requirements*
Any student can take their DMV road test at A-1 Driving Schools, however, depending on age, the student must meet the following Georgia qualifications:
Adult Students 18 and Over
- Students 18 and over do not have to have taken classes with us.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s permit
- $150 for students 18 and over
Students Under 18
- Must have completed the classroom or online 30-hour Joshua’s Law course + 6 hours of driving lessons at A-1 Driving Schools*
- You must take have taken Joshua’s Law course, and the driving lessons, with A-1 Driving Schools in order to take the road test with A-1. We cannot accept testing students who have taken the courses and lessons at another school.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s permit for at least 1 year and 1 day
- Students can retake the road test should they fail the first time.
- $95 for students under 18 years old
- Free re-test if you fail the first time.
* After 1:00 pm on Friday prior to the road test there will be no refunds. All other test cancellations will result in a cancellation fee.
A-1 Driving School Locations offering Road Testing
- Johns Creek
Road Test FAQ
- Do we use an A-1 Driving School car or our own vehicle?
You will take your test in an A-1 Driving School car.
- What type of car will I be using to test at A-1?
We have a fleet of all Toyota corollas.
- Where do we go to take the test?
You can schedule your test for any of the A-1 locations, above.
- What do I need with me to take my road test?
You will need a copy of your valid driver’s permit
- What happens if I pass the road test?
You will receive an official certificate to take to the Department of Driver Services to get your license.
- What happens if I fail my road test?
You will receive 1 free retest. If you fail the 2nd test, you will be required to go to the department of driver services for testing thereafter.
On-Site Road Testing Cost
- Packages are available for Driving Lessons + Road Test
- On-Site Road Testing cost for students under 18 years old is $95.00
- On-Site Road Testing cost for adult students over 18 years old is $150.00
* A-1 Driving Schools is not responsible for any items left in our vehicles before, during, or after driving tests. Please plan accordingly.