These are 6 step to be the best at merging lanes!
- Match the speed of highway traffic as you travel on ramp.
- Be aware of your surroundings! Check mirrors and blind spots.
- Flick your blinker signal on to let other drivers know you plan to shift lanes.
- Speed up or slow down slightly if a vehicle is right beside you, positioning your vehicle to enter an open space.
- Merge gradually into the neighboring lane by following the path of the merging ramp.
- Don’t forget to give a friendly “thank you” wave to the driver who gave you space to help you merge safely.
Make sure to do step 6, and if you have any more questions about driving we are glad to help you at A-1 Driving Schools.