The first couple of years of driving for a teenager is statistically the most dangerous of all. Teen drivers can lower their car crash risk by enrolling in a defensive driving course!
Teen drivers who graduate from a defensive driving course can get the following benefits:
- Learning the fundamentals of driving
- Teen drives will learn the traffic rules in a systemic way.
- Builds confidence
- The first time behind the wheels can be a scary or stressful experience for a teen driver. Teen drivers can practice in a safe environment, where they can build confidence in their abilities and skills as they learn how to drive with the help of an experienced driver.
- Shows them the risks
- Teen drivers need to be aware that driving is dangerous. Being too nervous is dangerous, but if a teen driver is not nervous at all, it means he is not aware of how risky driving can be. Teens will learn how dangerous driving can be and what risks are involved. They will also learn how to avoid those risks.
- Learning the consequences
- In this course, teens will learn about the effects of driving under influence (DUI). Teen drivers will also learn they will have to take responsibility for their safety and the safety of others.
- Practice time
- Teenagers will practice their driving skills in a safe, supervised environment. Teen drivers can learn driving techniques from qualified instructors and can develop their skills.
- Learn the state’s laws
- Traffic laws differ from one state to another. Depending on which state the teen driver is taking the course, he will be presented with the laws of that state.
- Cheaper insurance premiums
- Insurance companies place teen drivers in the high-risk category, thus they have to pay more for their insurance. One way for teen drivers to lower their car insurance rates is by graduating from a defensive driving course.